The academy staff note that “while we continue to accept students beyond the registration deadline, on that date we determine whether we have enough students to offer a course. Many courses have required pre-course readings, so students need to be sure to allow enough time to complete those. Please do not purchase texts or make travel plans until the registration deadline is passed, and you receive a course confirmation.”
Register for courses noted “SVMC” through the Susquehanna Valley Ministry Center at SVMC@etown.edu or 717-361-1450. For all other courses go to the Brethren Academy website at www.bethanyseminary.edu/academy .
- “Beyond Sunday School: Nurturing the Spiritual Lives of our Children” is an online course with instructor Rhonda Pittman Gingrich, April 21-June 15. The registration deadline is March 17.
- “Rock the Church, Rethinking Church Renewal” is offered at Bethany Theological Seminary in Richmond, Ind, in conjunction with the Church Planting Conference, May 14-18. The instructor is Stan Dueck.
- Annual Conference Directed Independent Study Unit in Columbus, Ohio, on July 1-2 in conjunction with the Ministers’ Association pre-Conference continuing education event with speaker Thomas G. Long, Bandy Professor of Preaching at Candler School of Theology. This directed ISU is planned and led by Chris Bowman and will include pre-Conference reading, a one-hour session before and after the Ministers’ Association, attendance at the entire Ministers' Association, and attendance at the evening worship service where Long will preach. A follow-up project will be expected. There is a registration fee of $50 for this directed ISU. Participants also must register and pay for the Ministers' Association event, and will need lodging in Columbus for the night of July 1. The registration deadline is June 2. If interested, contact the Brethren Academy at email@example.com .
- “Church of the Brethren Polity and Practice” at the Young Center at Elizabethtown (Pa.) College on July 11-12 and August 15-16. Instructors are Warren Eshbach and Randy Yoder. SVMC. The registration deadline is July 1.
- “Conflict Transformation in Congregations” at McPherson (Kan.) College on Sept. 4-7 with instructor Leslie Frye. The registration deadline is Aug. 7.
- “Luke-Acts and the Birth of the Church” is an online course with instructor Matthew Boersma, Sept. 29-Nov. 21. The registration deadline is Aug. 19.