|Photo by Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford|
|The National Youth Cabinet began planning for NYC 2014 at a weekend meeting at the church's General Offices in Elgin, Ill., in mid-February.|
The NYC theme for 2014 will be “Called by Christ, Blessed for the Journey Together,” inspired by Ephesians 4:1-7. The cabinet also began planning the outlines of the conference including beginning ideas for an overall schedule, service projects, special offerings, leadership, and more. The meeting included times for prayer and meditation each day, and a time of worship on Sunday morning.
The cabinet meeting included the three NYC coordinators and staff member Becky Ullom Naugle, who directs Youth and Young Adult Ministry, along with several high school-age youth and adult advisors from across the denomination:
- NYC coordinator Katie Cummings, of Summit Church of the Brethren in Bridgewater, Va., who is currently in Brethren Volunteer Service as an assistant workcamp coordinator.
- Emmett Eldred of Middle Pennsylvania District.
- Brittany Fourman of Southern Ohio District.
- Adult advisor Rhonda Pittman Gingrich of Northern Plains District.
- NYC coordinator Tim Heishman, currently attending North Baltimore Mennonite Church during a year of voluntary service there.
- Adult advisor Dennis Lohr of Atlantic Northeast District.
- NYC coordinator Sarah Neher, a senior at McPherson (Kan.) College who plans to graduate in May with a degree in biology education.
- Sarandon Smith of Atlantic Northeast District.
- Sarah Ullom-Minnich of Western Plains District.
- Kerrick van Asselt of Western Plains District.
- Zander Willoughby of Michigan District.
Source: 2/21/2013 Newsline