In November 2008, the BBT board approved an ethos statement designed to guide board members and staff in their interactions with others. In these uncertain times within the denomination and society, the BBT board reviewed and reaffirmed the statement on Nov. 19 during its fall meeting.
Christ calls us to respect and honor one another. To this end, BBT’s board and staff invite all Church of the Brethren members, congregations, and groups to consider the following statement to guide their interactions with others--
- Embracing the spirit of God in all that we do.
- Showing unconditional positive regard* for each other and for those we exist to serve.
- Equipping ourselves to fulfill our individual and collective responsibilities.
- Empowering one another.
- Exhibiting a commitment to serve.
- Being accountable, individually and corporately, with each other and with those we exist to serve.
- Operating in a transparent and collaborative manner.
(This release was provided by BBT).