NYC 2014 speakers
Here is a brief introduction to each of the speakers who will share with National Youth Conference 2014 during worship:
- Jeff Carter is president of Bethany Theological Seminary, and up until recently served as pastor of Manassas (Va.) Church of the Brethren
- Kathy Escobar is co-pastor of the Refuge, a church community in north Denver, Colo., and also a spiritual director, writer, and retreat and workshop leader
- Leah Hileman is an indie recording artist, freelance writer, and licensed minister in the Church of the Brethren
- Jarrod McKenna is the national advisor for Youth, Faith, and Activism for World Vision Australia as well as founder of EPYC--Empowering Peacemakers in Your Community
- Rodger Nishioka is professor of Christian Education at Columbia Theological Seminary in Decatur, Ga., and previously served as denominational staff for youth and young adult ministry in the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Jenn Quijano from Brooklyn, N.Y., is a student at Bethany Theological Seminary in Richmond, Ind.
- Samuel Sarpiya is pastor of Rockford (Ill.) Community Church, a Church of the Brethren fellowship
- Ted Swartz of “Ted and Company” is a playwright and actor from Harrisonburg, Va., who brings the Bible to life through storytelling and humor
- Katie Shaw Thompson is pastor of Ivester Church of the Brethren in Iowa
- The Youth Speech Contest Winners are yet to be named. Youth may still apply for the contest. Submissions are due by Feb. 16, 2014.
The registration webpage for NYC 2014 offers previews in PDF format of what the registration form will look like when it opens on Jan. 3. These are intended to help youth groups prepare and know exactly what information they will need in order to register. Stay tuned for a video tutorial on how to register. For more information visit www.brethren.org/NYC or contact email@example.com or 800-323-3039 ext. 385.
Source: 11/15/2013 Newsline