|Photo by Nathan and Jennifer Hosler|
|Samuel Dali (at right), president of Ekklesiyar Yan'uwa a Nigeria (EYN--the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria), with his wife Rebecca S. Dali.|
They also will visit Manchester University and Bethany Seminary, lead Sunday school and worship at Crest Manor Church of the Brethren in South Bend, Ind., and spend an evening with Columbia City (Ind.) Church of the Brethren.
Following is their itinerary:
- Nov. 15, 7:30 p.m.: "Peace in the Face of Religious Violence" is the title of Samuel Dali’s address for the Young Center for Anabaptist and Pietist Studies at Elizabethtown College, in the Bucher Meetinghouse. “For decades, Muslims and Christians in Nigeria lived peacefully as neighbors, but this condition has been recently interrupted by radical extremists,” said the college release about the event. “During his presentation, Dali will describe some of the efforts for peace that the Nigerian Church of the Brethren implements, including a program of microloans to help Muslims whose homes or businesses were destroyed when other Christians violently retaliated against attacks by Muslim extremists. Dali also will highlight work by the church to form peace clubs cultivating Christian peacemaking.” The event is free and open to the public. Contact the Young Center at 717-361-1470 or email@example.com.
- Nov. 16-18: The Dalis will be attending and speaking at Mission Alive at Lititz (Pa.) Church of the Brethren. Among other highlights of the conference, they will be part of a workshop conversation with Annual Conference moderator Bob Krouse, and will give a workshop on the mission efforts of EYN. A third related workshop will feature "Sowing Seeds of Peace," a video about EYN's peacemaking work in Nigeria.
- Nov. 19: The couple will visit the Church of the Brethren General Offices in Elgin, Ill., where a special reception will be held in their honor, hosted by the General Secretary's Office.
- Nov. 25, beginning at 9:30 a.m.: Crest Manor Church of the Brethren in South Bend, Ind., will host the Dalis, who will lead the morning Sunday school hour and then speak for the 10:45 a.m. worship service.
- Nov. 25: Later in the day, Columbia City (Ind.) Church of the Brethren hosts the couple, who will speak for an afternoon or evening event.
- Nov. 26-27: The Dalis will conclude their visit with US Brethren by visiting Manchester University in N. Manchester, Ind., and Bethany Theological Seminary in Richmond, Ind.