Friday, January 02, 2004

A closing note: Newsline editor Walt Wiltschek signs off.

Dear readers: After writing and editing more than 140 issues of Newsline over the past four and a half years, this first issue of 2004 marks my final one at the helm. I begin this month as editor of Messenger magazine, where I will continue the quest to share the denomination's stories in a different format.

It has been an honor to have stewardship of this communication vehicle, and it has been exciting to watch its continuing growth. More than 2,100 people now receive Newsline directly via e-mail, and many others read it online or see parts of it reprinted in church and district newsletters or elsewhere.

I am pleased to be able to hand over the editing duties to Cheryl Brumbaugh-Cayford, who officially begins as director of news services on March 1. Cheryl has graciously agreed to begin doing much of the writing and editing for Newsline beginning with the Jan. 16 issue, however, so the transition is already under way. She brings strong communications and church experience, and Newsline will be in good hands.

Above all, I have appreciated the opportunity to dialogue with many of you via e-mail or in person, and to see the church at work in so many places and forms while reporting its stories. I am excited about continuing those relationships and building new ones in the pages of Messenger, and I'm excited by some of the things I see happening in the church. Blessings to you on the journey...

Walt Wiltschek

Source: Newsline 1/02/2004
top

No comments: